Friday 11 May 2018

Has Jon Gone Missing in Action

To quote Ian ,'real life' is getting in the way of my war gaming at the moment with work and family conspiring to deny me the pleasure of watching Mark bugger up yet another plan. That being said, my 'free' time has not gone completely unproductive. My painting room has undergone a major overhaul and is now the calm ,organised workspace I have always wanted.


On the figure side I have based the fifty stands of Napoleonic Russians that my 'painting friend' sent me. With the exception of a few touch ups to faces and hats it I had very little to do other than the basing which took most of an afternoon and I am really pleased with the results.
I have already commissioned  thirty seven stands of ACW Union Infantry (adds another full Corps to the Union OOB) and fifteen stands (3 Brigades) of Russian Dragoons this month with Confederate and Union Cavalry, Confederate Infantry, and more Russian Line bagged up and ready to go. I meanwhile have been painting up three Brigades of Russian Cuirassiers and some Russian Artillery plus units of Modern Germans.
 I have an order with Pete @ Baccus for some Russian Grenadiers, Jagers and Hussars and a new order to go in this month for some Bavarians, Cossacks, Austrians, Wurtemburgers and Saxons plus more ACW . Since the French armies are massive I have also decided  to help Russ out and will be adding some French units to my collection soon.
In short chaps I am drinking lots of coffee, have the impetus and I'm not stopping.
Massed Ranks of Russian Line



4 comments:

Ian said...

Nice painting room, although I'm never comfortable sitting on the face of one of the Blues Brothers! The massed Russians look excellent. If you're up next week there's nothing planned so how about an ACW game on one of your terrain boards?

jono said...

I can make that happen. It will be nice to hear the rebel yell again.

Unknown said...

I like your setup Jon. I think you just outgun me in the paint department. Your Russians look the part. If you can make it next week I t would be good to play ACW again. Will get me inspired to look at the Age Of Eagle rule book again.

mark said...

Nice painting area
And as boney M would say
Oh those Russians